background expounded by the spiritual gurus laying the foundations of the Vedic civilization. The word 'Ayurveda' was originated from Sanskrit - 'ayus' means life, and 'ved' means knowledge. These days Ayurveda has made advances into the zone of beauty and glamour as the herbal and ayurvedic products are known to be the safest products with minimal side effects. A few of the most prominent ayurvedic homemade beauty remedies are:
- Lime and glycerin paste: ingredients: - lime juice, glycerin and rose water. Mix them at equal quantities. This solution is best for night use and is also applicable to other parts of the body like, hand and feet and is very effective for pimples and blackhead removal. It also removes skin scars and stains and gives you a soft and glowing skin.
- Tomato lemon pack: ingredients- tomato juice-50ml, lemon juice-1 tsp. Apply this mixture for smooth and glowing skin as it makes your skin look healthy and pimple free with a long lasting glow.
- Turmeric, wheat flour and sesame oil pack: ingredients- turmeric powder, wheat flour. Mix them in equal quantities and make a paste with sesame oil. Use this mixture for hair removal purpose.
- Cucumber mix: ingredients: cucumber juice rose water, and lime juice. Blend these in equal quantities and wash your face with this solution. Apply it overnight and rinse it off in the morning for a clear complexion and a healthy skin as well.
A few other homemade herbal face packs are as follows:
- Citrus grapefruit mask: ingredients: - grapefruit, lemon juice, hollowed apple, approximately 2 egg whites, and seedless grapes-40. Mix them in a blender and apply on face and leave for 15minutes, rinse with warm water. Grape mostly helps to unclog pores while lemon mostly acts as an astringent or clarifier. Finally, egg whites tighten the skin. This face pack may not work on dry skin and cause burning and then the user should wash it off immediately. This solution is good for oily skin.
- Fruit mixture face pack: ingredients: -1 cup mixed mashed fruit mixture like melon, peaches, strawberries, and bananas, double cream-3 tbsp, cottage cheese-3 tsp, brown sugar-1 tsp, oatmeal powder-4 tsp. Blend these together and apply on face and leave for 10minutes, rinse with warm water. This face pack mainly works towards a refreshed skin and is effective on a hot day. This mixture is for dehydrated skin.
- Honey Mask: ingredients: - honey-1 tbsp, egg white-1, glycerin-2 tsp, flour-1/3 cup. Procedures- one needs to whisk the honey, egg white and glycerin with flour which will produce a thick paste and apply it to your face, leave for 15minutes and rinse off well leading to a smooth and tightened skin which is soft and moistened as well. This is a skin smoothening moisturizing paste.
- Strawberry facial: ingredients: - strawberry. Crush and apply the strawberry paste on the face and rinse with water after 3 minutes and don't use it on sensitive skin. This face pack acts a skin refreshing solution.
To know more about Ayurveda beauty tip, visit www.theydeserveit.com .
- Apricot mask: ingredients: - 1cup of dried apricots and soak them in water until soft and blend in blender with 2 tbsp skim milk powder. Apply on face and leave it for 15minutes and rinse with warm water.