21st Birthday Quotes
Birthday's are always special, and the greetings that start to pour in, on that day are even more special, which you wait eagerly right from the stroke of midnight.
One of the most awaited birthday is 18th, as one officially becomes an adult or a grown up according to the standards, though 21st birthday is also special as most of the permits, are sanctioned at this age, thereby giving a birthday boy or girl enough reasons to celebrate. Along with the birthday boy/girl, their friends and families also look for various options, through which they can wish these people.
If someone close to your heart has just turned 21 and you are looking for some nice quotes to wish him, here are some golden words of wisdom.
- "A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip."-Anonymous
- "Now you are 21 you can do things that you couldn't have done before...or should I say, shouldn't have done before." - Anonymous
- "Finally 21 and legally able to do everything I've been doing since 15."- Anonymous
- "Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed. " -By Anthony Powell
- "On our 21st birthday, we don't care what the world thinks of us; on our 30th, we worry about what it is thinking of us; on our 40th, we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all." -Anonymous
- "At twenty-one, so many things appear solid, permanent, untenable."-Orson Welles
- "May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine." -Frank Sinatra
- "Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time." -Jean Paul Richter
- "Real birthdays are not annual affairs. Real birthdays are the days when we have a new birth." -Jean Paul Richter
- "Pleas'd look forward, pleased to look behind, And count each birthday with a grateful mind." Alexander Pope
- "Most of us can remember a time when a birthday, especially if it was one's own, brightened the world as if a second sun has risen." -Robert Lynd
- "The secret to eternal youth is arrested development." -Alice Roosevelt Longworth
- "Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." -Franz Kafka
- "There must be a day or two in a man's life when he is the precise age for something important." -Franklin P. Adams
- "All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much." -George Harrison
- "The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty, has wasted thirty years of his life." -Muhammed Ali
- "Youth is a disease from which we all recover." -Dorothy Fulheim
- "Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?" -Bobby Kelton
- "The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also turns to the left." -Jerry M. Wright
- "The old believe everything; the middle-aged suspect everything; the young know everything." -Oscar Wilde
- "You are only young once, but you can be immature for a lifetime." -John P. Grier
- "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. " -Mark Twain
- "At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; and at 40 the judgment." -Ben Franklin
- "Live as long as you may. The first twenty years are the longest half of your life." -Robert Southey
- "From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. From eighteen to thirty-five, she needs good looks. From thirty-five to fifty-five, she needs a good personality. From fifty-five on, she needs good cash." -Sophie Tucker
- "It is better to wear out than to rust out." -Bishop Richard Cumberland
- "The best birthdays of all are those that havenít arrived yet." -Robert Orben
- "The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." -Lucille Ball
- "When you're 20 and pretty, then you're rather like Switzerland--beautiful but dull." -Faye Dunaway
- "It is lovely, when I forget all birthdays, including my own, to find that somebody remembers me." -Ellen Glasgow
Last Updated On : October 22, 2011
- "How swift have flown
To me thy girlish times,
A woman grown beneath
My heedless eyes!
In vain I rack
My fancy to believe
That speaks thee twenty-one."
- "Here's a birthday spanking,
Sent you on a card,
One, Two, Three,
Put them right on hard,
Four, Five, Six
One to live on, one to grow on,
One to make you fat."
- "Believing hear, what you deserve to hear:
Your birthday as my own to me is dear...
But yours gives most; for mine did only lend
Me to the world; yours gave to me a friend."