Computer printers are called printer as well. A printer produces hard copies (permanent readable copy of text or graphics) of documents that are already stored in electronic form. Printers are wired to a computer which provides the source of printable document. Network printers are manufactured with built-in net-work interface. This device works with the help of Ethernet.
There are five major types of printers.
- Toner-Based printers: Toner is adhered to light-sensitive print drum. After that, static electricity is used to fuse toner to printing medium with the help of heat and pressure. Laser printer is the most common example of toner-based printer.
- Liquid Inkjet printers: Inkjet printers spray a little amount of ink on the media. The tiny ink droplets carry very low electrical charge. The position of the ink is decided by the charge between cathode and electrode. The ink moves between these two. The whole process is known as bubble-jet technology.
- Solid Ink printers: These types of printers use solid stick of CMYK colored Ink. The stick is melted into a print-head. Print-head sprays ink on a moving oil coated drum. Then the page is rotated on the drum and the image is printed on the page.
- Dye-sublimation printers: This is basically a machine to transfer dye to a paper, canvas, plastic paper, transparent sheet, etc. One color is put at a time with the help of ribbons with colored panels. Dye-sublimation printers yield out high-quality colored print outs.
- Inkless printers: In this process colorless dye crystals are embedded between the two outer layers of a page. After switching the printer on heat makes the crystals coloring the page at different intensity.
Printers are now necessary gadgets both at home and in the office as well. People willing to make life easier for their friends or relatives can gift them with printers of some reputed companies like, Tally Line Matrix, Epson LQ 1050, HP Photo smart, Canon Pixma, Lexmark X4270 Four-in-one, etc.