A home cinema can be considered a basic arrangement of a television including a DVD, and a set of speakers. A home theater, as agreed by most in the consumer electronics industry, is actually the combination of relatively high-quality video output with surround sound. In the 1980s, the development of multi-channel audio systems and laser disc created a new platform for home cinema. Steve LaFontaine at Kirshmans furniture store installed the first known home cinema system.
There are mostly 3 types of home theater systems like:
5.1-Channel Systems- this is the simplest way to great entertainment and all you need to do is just add the home theater to your TV. These include 5 surround speakers, subwoofer, cables and remote.
2.1-Channel Systems- this model is the apt for those who love surround sound techniques in their bedrooms and the 2 full range speakers, DVD Player, amplifier and remote further support subwoofers.
Digital Sound Projectors- this represents the latest space saving technology and has speakers, multichannel amplifier and surround decoding. All you need to do is Connect your TV, DVD Player and the bass enhancements can also be added to this.
The following are the parts of a normal home theater system:
- Input Devices
- Processing Devices
- Audio Output
- Video Output
Home movies in the 1950s became popular in the United States, thanks to Kodak 8 mm film and camera and projector equipments also became affordable. This system became the first practical home theater projected with a small, portable movie projector on a portable screen, mostly without sound. With color film, Kodak Super 8 mm film cartridges, home cinemas improved over time. The consumer market for 8 mm film cameras and projectors was totally eroded with the rise of home video in the late 1970s.
Here we provide you with the best models of the home theater systems manufactured by the most reputed companies in the industry:
- Yamaha - Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System - Black
- Philips - 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3/DivX Player
- Sony - 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System w/5-Disc Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3 Player
- Panasonic - 1000W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System with Progressive-Scan DVD/CD/MP3/JPEG Player - Silver
- Samsung - 1000W XM-Ready 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System/DVD/CD LG - 1000W XM-Ready 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System/5-Disc DVD/CD
- LG - 400W XM-Ready 2-Ch. Home Theater System/DVD/CD/MP3
- Sony - 2.1-Ch. Home Theater System w/P. -Scan DVD/CD/MP3 Player
- Philips - 700W 2.1-Ch. Home Theater System/DVD/CD/DivX Player
- Bose 321 GS Series II 5.1 Channel Home Theater System