A brooch or a fibula as known in the ancient times is considered to be one of the most decorative jewelry items which can either be attached to garments or to support the various hairdos done by fashion stylists. We know the brooches since the Bronze Age and later the ornamental clasps used by the Romans and the Greeks including the migrating tribes in Europe have gained prominence as they represent both the past and the present trends.
The brooches are mostly made of silver, gold or bronze and they are decorated with enamel and gemstones. They are either used for show on dresses or for fastening on the cloaks and hair stylists make use of brooches on the great amount. The Indian craftsmen being highly skilled and talented since ages have been making use of a variety of metals to produce the artistic marvels. Currently in India, ivory stylized into plain and carved brooches has found its replacement in animal bone having the same color and texture as that of ivory.
Brooches are being considered an important component of all jewelry forms and they specially enhance the look and class of any formal or casual wear. The brooches can be made from Brass, Aluminum, EPNS, Wood, Plastic, Horn/Bone, and Glass, MOP. The other types of brooches available in the market are,
- Diamond Brooches
- Crystal Clear Brooches
- Big Brooches
- Silver Brooches
- Gold Brooches
- Letter / Initial Brooches
- Fabric Brooches
The Indian made brooches and designer brooches are highly popular in the worldwide jewelry export markets. The beautiful pin brooch, which is heavily carved with magnificent designs, has gained more popularity as a key product for export purpose. In fact the Indian jewelry and craftsmen brag of their collection of exclusive ornaments including brooches made from single stones or they are a mixture of a variety of stones having silver or gold beads.
Here we provide you with a list of beautiful brooches to select from when you are considering gifting it to your loved ones:
- Sterling Silver Antiqued Marcasite Brooch
- Xavier 6.82 Carat Absolute Cubic Zirconia Sterling Silver Flower Burst Pin
- NOVICA Brooch, 'Orchid Filigree'
- Cubic Zirconia Silver Filigree Pin
- Crystal Sunburst Angel Pin
- Cubic Zirconia Brooch: Sterling Silver
- NOVICA Pearl and crystal brooch, 'Bouquet'
- Cubic Zirconia Brooch: Sterling Silver 7 1/6 Carat
- Voile 3-Pin Backcountry Binding
- 10kt Wg 5.00ctw Blue Topaz and Diamond Accent Pin
- White Freshwater Pearl Pin
- Florentina Valentina Brooch
- Amethyst Admiral Brooch