From a handmade card to a painting, to a handmade flower bouquet, there are numerous craft gifts that you can make on your own.
We have picked something wonderful for handmade gift for dad.
This is a cute personalized gift for your dad on his birthday, anniversary or holidays. Its easy to make and all you need is a Ceramic mug, Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Surface Conditioner, Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Paint in colors you like, Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Clear Gloss Glaze, Paintbrushes, including a medium flat and liner one.
Present this gift to your dad and he will really love your thoughtfulness and effort.
- Wash the mug with soap and water. Rinse the mug well and let it dry.
- Now use the flat brush to apply a coat of conditioner to the outside of the mug and let it dry. Make sure not to touch the cleaned and prepared surface.
- Shake the paint bottle well and squeeze a dime-size dot of paint into the clean palm of your hand. Use the flat brush to spread the paint, completely covering the entire palm side of your hand. The paint should be shiny and thick to make a good hand print.
- Place your paint-covered hand on the mug and try not to move your fingers to avoid smears. Now lift your hand straight up from the mug. Rush to wash your hand.
- Now dip the liner brush in paint and write your name beside the handprint. Let the paint dry completely.
- When the paint is dry, use the flat brush to apply a coat of clear gloss glaze over the painted surface. Let the glaze dry for one hour and apply a second coat.
- Be sure to wait 10 days before using and washing the mug, or the paint may come off.