- "Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind" by William Shakespeare.
- "In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing" by Mignon McLaughlin.
- "Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another's heart, or its flame burns low" by Henry Ward Beecher.
- "Love works in miracles everyday: such as weakening the strong, and stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favoring the passions, destroying reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy" by Maguerite De Valois.
- "Love is the history of a woman's life; it is an episode in man's" by Germaine De Stael.
- "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be" by Robert Browning.
- "Love is the expansion of two natures in such fashion that
Each include the other, Each is enriched by the other" by Felix Adler.
- "Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch" by Cathy Carlyle.
- "The heart has reasons that reason does not understand" by Jacques Benigne Bossuel.
- "Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery" by Fulton J Sheen.